Are you looking for a job as a cleaner in South Africa? Here’s what you need to know!
If you’re looking for a job as a cleaner in South Africa, it might be tempting to apply for any job you find. However, there are some things you should know before applying – especially since all jobs aren’t created equal!
Here are the things to con sider before you apply to be a cleaner in South Africa.
Who should apply?
Before you decide whether a cleaning career is right for you, it helps to think about who should work in such a field. A key question to ask yourself is why do I want to be a cleaner?
If your answer involves anything besides making money, then cleaning may not be for you. Cleaning jobs are often difficult and unrewarding, with long hours and low pay.
What experience is needed?
Most companies expect candidates with cleaning experience, but we’ve found that new recruits without any formal education can still succeed in their new roles. The key is commitment and the willingness to learn. Anybody who takes pride in their work and has strong attention to detail will be successful.
In fact, some of our best cleaners were people who initially came from other careers, such as domestic staff or construction workers. They all have one thing in common – they love cleaning and take pleasure from working hard.
Tips on how to get hired faster!
If you’re eager to get hired as quickly as possible, there are things you can do that will likely help your cause.
First and foremost, get contact information: Have them put your contact information at or near the top of their decision tree so that it’s one of their first impressions when they start going through applicants. Show up early.
Skills, Abilities and Job related Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer literacy and analysing skills
- Planning and organising
- Conflict management Competencies
- Leading and Deciding
- Supporting and coordinating
- Interacting and presenting
- Analysing and interpreting
- Creating and conceptualising
- Organising and executing
- Adapting and coping
- Enterprising and performing
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Ability and willingness to work in an open plan environment
- Willingness to work or be available overtime and / or weekends if required
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
- Willingness to travel nationally if and when required
Mode of Application
How to apply: Housekeeping & Cleaning Jobs in South Africa
All applicants who meet the above criteria will be required to undergo job related assessments to establish suitability for placement, this includes a verification of qualifications.